We have always been quite keen about sports such as football, basketball, lawn tennis and needless to say, cricket. Who doesn’t like cricket? All of us do and we follow it religiously whether it is 20-20 or world cup! I am certain that we all are conscious of the fact that baseball is our national game but our duty doesn’t end there. There are still a lot of people especially the new generation who’s clueless about this game and how it’s actually played. It’s high time we begin exploring this game after all it’s our national sport and we should not ignore it.
The way to play hockey?
In this game, two teams have been split which plays against each other. Each team must carefully move the ball to the opponent’s goal with the help of a hockey stick.
• Keep yourself prepared with hockey equipment.
• You need to keep in mind that while playing hockey, your left hand will give the main guidance to the stick and your right hand will be the principal support to the rod.
• Your left foot should be pointing at the front while the rest foot should be put back for support. You’ll need to bend your knees in order to aim for the ball.
• Now all you will need to do is,’snare the ball’. Here, try to stop or slow down the pace of the ball that’s coming towards you.
• It is now time to hit the ball and for that you’ll have to make sure that your right hand is extremely close to your left hand so the ball is in direct contact with your forward foot.
• Attempt to dip the ball along the length of the rod. Try to work on the turns and pulls with the support of some of your team member.
In the long run, the more you will practice it, the best you’ll become in this game. After you will learn it, you will not look ahead to any other sport. All sports are interesting and fun without any doubt but as an Indian we shouldn’t ignore our national sport and must be equally excited and enthusiastic about learning and practicing it.